Recently on the 31st of October 2019 The Sixth Element School & Daycare at Tata Primanti together with WONDERLAB managed a fantastic Halloween at the V Club at Tatvam Villas – Right Next To Our Tata Primanti Campus.
Halloween is an exciting festival – where children dress up in scary costumes with some interesting rituals & customs.
If you’ve been wondering why its celebrated – here are some fun facts from The Sixth Element School & Daycare – which has two campuses at South City 1 near Huda metro station & Signature towers and Tata Primanti at Sector 72, just off Tatvam Villas near Golf Course Extension Road, SPR and Sohna Road.
Halloween is interestingly the short for ‘Hallows’ Evening’ ; of which “hallows” means a saint of holy person and therefore Halloween or ‘All Hallows’ Evening which in simple words is ’all saints evening’ – a celebration to remember the departed or the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.
- Halloween is similar to the “Sharadh” period in India when we pay homage to our ancestors and the departed.
Halloween is beginning to get popular in India especially in some big city affluent urban areas; is celebrated as their all saints day by Indian Christians – although like Christmas children and from other communities also enjoy…
Its observed in several countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of the All Hallows’ Day. it’s usually celebrated in countries where “celtic” is spoken – such as Ireland, Scotland, Britain, the US, and some parts of Europe, etc and as a build up to this festival – like many other festivals – Halloween lanterns spring up in communities and shops – besides sale of Halloween costumes
- It’s a very old festival from older times – from before Christianity came and has pagan roots
- Trick or “trade” – this is an interesting custom somewhat similar to our Sharadhs period in India, wherein children go from house to house (dressed up in costumes), asking for treats with the phrase : ‘trick or trade” . The treat given to the children is usually some form of candy or some money
- Bonfires and candles are lit as a part of ritual to mark the end of summer and to mark to beginning of Winter
- Other Halloween activities include various forms of households play including carving pumpkins into jack-o’-lanterns, lighting bonfires, apple bobbing, divination games, playing pranks, visiting haunted attractions, telling scary stories, etc – it’s fun and children lead the way as its largely a small children’s festival
- During this period – just like our Sharadh period its customary to abstain from meatwith the tradition reflected in eating of certain vegetarian foods on this vigil day, including apples, potato pancakes, fruits & seeds and cakes. Its customary to leave some food outdoors to appease the souls of the departed – as it is believed – that the souls of the departed visit their homes on Halloween
Given our commitment to experiential learning – we share such fun facts – for helping children enjoy learning at The Sixth Element School.
Given that this is also a period when ambient air quality is starting to detiorate – we’d like to share that The Sixth Element Schools & Daycare support green practices & action for climate change actively by its green campus infrastructure, eco-friendly practices and lots & lots of air cleaning plants in our outdoors & indoors ! No wonder the ambient air & indoor air quality at our campuses are cleaner !
If you’re living in any of the nearby areas including following areas:
#SPR #DayCare #PreSchool
We’d like to share that very limited seats are still available despite the very demand for The Sixth Elementt. For admission in our preschool & early primary classes besides our daycare do reach out to our Tata Primanti, sector 72 campus .
Igniting the joy of learning at The Sixth Element School
And kindly do share your thoughts & views.. if any of this resonates..